I didn’t originally plan on posting this recipe. In fact, it was really just a case of spending a lazy Friday night in and having a deliciously healthy Eggplant Parmigiana for dinner (recipe coming shortly), followed by a serious Choc Chip Cookie craving. What started out as a quest to satisfy my inner child resulted in a surprisingly successful batch of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies that were so incredibly yummy I had to share the recipe!
I ate mine accompanied with a glass of almond milk… and may or may not have (but definitely did) dunked them in, just to be extra childish
If you’re Coeliac or extremely sensitive to gluten, then you’ll know that a lot of chocolate and sweets can have hidden traces of gluten even when you least expect it. Check out Amazing Gluten-free Chocolate for plenty of to-die-for gluten free chocolate recipes.
Makes 20 or more cookies
1 ½ cups Brown Rice Flour
½ cup Tapioca Flour
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
175g Vegan Butter
¾ cup Caster Sugar
¼ cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ cup Almond Milk
1 free range Egg
1 cup dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Place flour, xanthan gum, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a separate bowl using an electric mixer. Add vanilla, egg, milk, and continue to beat until combined.
- Add flour mix to wet ingredients and continue to beat until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and stir through with a wooden spoon.
- Grease a baking tray with vegan butter.
- Use a teaspoon to measure out small balls of dough and place on baking tray approximately 5cm apart (it doesn’t matter if the balls look like messy blobs, they still turn out perfectly).
- Bake for around 15-17 minutes them remove from oven and let them cool for about 20 minutes or so.
- Serve the cookies however you wish, but don’t expect them to hang around for long!